The 2nd Annual Non-profit Conference was held on Wednesday, October 10th, 2018 at the University Best Western Inn located in Canton, NY. The four presentations from our Keynote speakers are available for download below, as well as other useful resources for Non-profit organizations.
Presentations from our Keynote Speakers at the 2018 Non-Profit Conference
Angela Gray, CPA/Principal, Gray & Gray, and Associates Certified Public Accountants, P.C.
Managing & Encouraging Planned Giving and Tax Deductible Gifts
Andrew Marietta, Vice President, Regional Development, New York Council of Nonprofits
Non-profit Compliance: Procedures, Documentation, Bylaws and More
Diane Leonard, President/Owner, DH Leonard Consulting & Grant Writing Services, LLC
Collaboration Strategies: Case Studies
Additional Non-Profit Resources
New York State Paid Family Leave - PFL (paid family leave) applies to nonprofits and is applicable to all private employers (of one or more employees).
- NYS Paid Family Leave: Employee Facts - Click Here to Download PDF
- NYS Paid Family Leave: Employer Facts - Click Here to Download PDF
- NYS Paid Family Leave: Frequently Asked Questions - Click Here to Download PDF
- NYS Additional Info and Details - https://paidfamilyleave.ny.gov/paid-family-leave-information-employers
Directors and Officers (D&O) Insurance
There are a lot of misconceptions with D&O Insurance. Nonprofits and their boards sometimes have the idea that D&O covers debt (like a loan default) or stolen funds. In general, the purpose and value of D&O Insurance are not clear for many nonprofits and their boards.
- An article published by Alliance of Nonprofits for Insurance regarding Directors and Officers Insurance - Click Here to Download PDF