Visit Hammond, New York
Our town's name came from Abijah Hammond, an early land owner, and was formed on March 30, 1827. The first resident of Hammond was William McNeil, who lived at Chippewa Bay. A statue was carved in McNeil's honor and is located outside of the town museum. The first school house was built in 1819-1920, the first church in 1821, and the first post office in 1822.